Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: link to BC basketball forum        (Topic#984)
Anonymous 

03-13-05 10:32 PM - Post#6412    

Found a link to the BC basketball message boards - unfortunately some of them require a Rivals membership. The forum called "BC Banter" is free and seems to have some activity:

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/forum.asp

If you find any other BC message boards, please post them here.

Anonymous 

Re: link to BC basketball forum
03-13-05 10:48 PM - Post#6413    
    In response to

remember, (1) don't call them the Beagles; and (2) don't tease them about how they're going to the ACC next year.

Rivals seems to dominate the Big East, so this is probably the most important BC board.

Oh, one other thing; notice that the word "Penn" has not yet crossed their lips because they're so disappointed about being a #4.

Ben Franklin 
Masters Student

Loc: Cleveland
Reg: 02-19-05
03-13-05 11:05 PM - Post#6414    
    In response to

There are a few people worried about Penn and calling for an upset. But most are definitely upset about their 4 and UConn's 2....or discussing their Sweet 16 upset of Illinois.

D'Yer Quak'er 

Reg: 01-18-05
03-13-05 11:05 PM - Post#6415    
    In response to

After reading some of the messages that do mention Penn, the informed are clearly not happy with drawing us, acknowledging the fact that we are the top #13 seed.

Lest we forget...

(7) Boston Coll. 82, Yale 80, 2OT
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap?gid=200412190058

AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
03-14-05 12:24 AM - Post#6416    
    In response to Ben Franklin

Would we really be so "happy" with this match up if we thought we were playing the "best" team in the Big East? Appropo to some of the other discussions today, this is the classic example of a regular season conference leader not being the best team from that league in this tournament. We've caught a team with the March jitters. Not saying they won't kick our a--, but would anybody prefer Syracuse, UConn or even Nova or WVU. If we had to take on a Big East team, let's face it, this is the one you want. Saw them earlier this year. They're good. The interior game is very good although Smith and Dudley aren't huge, but they're balanced and well coached and they compete. As usual we'll play with them only if we shoot the ball very well. We can't shoot and miss and still win, as was evidently the case against Princeton.

I'm hopeful as usual. This Penn team is different. On the good side I think the perimeter defense is better than other Penn teams and we have 20 front court fouls to give (a real Ivy rarity). On the downside, we're very young and Begley has been up and down with his shooting. It might be interesting though.

pennhoops 
Postdoc

03-14-05 12:35 AM - Post#6417    
    In response to AsiaSunset

I also much prefer BC to the other 13 seeds (Florida, Louisville or Syracuse).

palestra38 
Professor

03-14-05 12:46 AM - Post#6418    
    In response to pennhoops

....and one of their guards, Jermaine Watson, was attacked last night and had to jump out of a window...hurting his hand. Wonder if this might be a factor.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylc=...p&type=lgns

The Willow 
Masters Student

03-14-05 01:00 AM - Post#6419    
    In response to palestra38

One of the guys on the BC MB brought up a description of the Toast... What exactly does that have to do with basketball?

Ben Franklin 
Masters Student

Loc: Cleveland
Reg: 02-19-05
03-14-05 02:18 AM - Post#6420    
    In response to The Willow

I was trying to figure that out myself. That's the most anyone has posted about us in the past 4 hours.

The Willow 
Masters Student

03-14-05 05:33 AM - Post#6421    
    In response to Ben Franklin

BRF is on the board.

ahahahahahahahahaha.

ha.

Redfish 
Masters Student
Redfish
Loc: under a bridge in Phoenix...
Reg: 11-26-04
Actually it's me
03-14-05 05:43 AM - Post#6422    
    In response to The Willow

When we used to post on the Rivals board, BRF attracted so many imposters that the board eventally required login and passwords. I grabbed his "Big Red Fan" name before he could, which pissed him off to no end. However, now I'm unable to change that name in Rivals, so I'm stuck as BRF forever in that forum, unless I sign in under a new email address.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:23 AM