Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: This is 2020 Bison hoops        (Topic#23669)
bisonmania 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-26-07
12-06-19 09:26 PM - Post#294000    

I thought it would be interesting to start a separate topic about next season and beyond even. We all have placed comments on other topics that would fit well on this topic. So a couple of thoughts moving forward. With the loss of this senior class. We will have Sotos Meeks and Newman seniors next year. What are the early expectations? We already have depth issues this season and it appears that the underclassmen are not necessarily developing as planned with definite opportunities for playing time. I am going to try to attend a high school game this winter to watch the incoming freshman play.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
12-07-19 02:07 AM - Post#294025    
    In response to bisonmania

I would expect next year's team to be somewhat better than this year's for a couple of reasons:

1. Incoming frosh Turner and Screen should be major factors by December. Turner hopefully will give them the true scorer they don't seem to have this year. And although it takes time to learn D1 post defense, Screen will give them the size they don't have right now. It wouldn't be surprising to see him end up at 7-0.

2. Way too early to judge the freshmen at this point. Looking back, Zach Thomas never got off the bench until mid-January and Chris Hass never played until he was a soph. And Steven Brown was generally a rarely used 3rd string PG until January of his first year. Even Muscala didn't work his way into the starting lineup until January. I think both Rhodes and van der Heijden have the ability to become significant contributors as they learn the game.

3. It would be nice to see Ellis develop some game other than shooting spot-up threes. The team could use another wing with his kind of size, but I think his overall play has been disappointing.

4. A part of next year's success will depend on what is done with the third scholarship. I am hopeful that if they can't find a strong player that they hold it and try for a good transfer. There is no reason Bucknell cannot attract transfers who are at least as good as the eight or ten Langel has brought into Colgate.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:44 PM