Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Can Pigs Fly Over Central Pennsylvania?        (Topic#26131)
HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
03-08-22 04:35 PM - Post#338453    

https://buhuskies.com/news/2022/3/7/bloomsb urg-uni...

MrPhillie 
Postdoc
MrPhillie
Loc: NE PA
Reg: 07-14-08
03-08-22 05:02 PM - Post#338461    
    In response to HuskyColonial

Yes, I commented about this on another thread. Can’t believe it took this long to make a change at Bloomsburg. D-II basketball is a different landscape than when Chronister coached Bloom, but man, Sanow was terrible. His teams were very undisciplined in general and it is hard to know if he actually “coached.”

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
03-09-22 12:00 AM - Post#338491    
    In response to MrPhillie

Believe it or not, some athletics departments and institutions don’t care if you win. Athletics is nothing more than a recruitment tool since a successful program at the lower levels
doesn’t impact applications.

Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
Can Pigs Fly Over Central Pennsylvania?
03-09-22 05:54 PM - Post#338582    
    In response to HuskyColonial

• HuskyColonial Said:
Believe it or not, some athletics departments and institutions don’t care if you win. Athletics is nothing more than a recruitment tool since a successful program at the lower levels
doesn’t impact applications.

Husky, you are exactly correct. I would only add that athletics is nothing more than a development tool as opposed to a recruitment tool. In this regard Bravman, Truax, and even Davis see this season as a success because the requisite dollars came in this year. Unfortunatley it leaves the fans and even the players out on a limb because winning games isn't the primary goal here. There once was a time when winning as well as donations mattered to Bucknell, but the winning part has gone by the wayside. The players do get a free education, but as window dressing for the university, not actual playing. I wish it was not like this, because I liked rooting for my alma mater and watching quality teams do their level best to win, and Bucknellians like to win. These players are being held back from their potential, which is the most unbucknellian thing of all.
After we won the play in game, Truax was on the Birdsongs halftime show during the Colgate game espousing how donors are making this and that happen, while being totally tone deaf how dismal this season was for mens basketball. That bothered me, but what am I except for a fan who sits in the seat and claps. If I am a recruit who likes to win, I'd think twice about coming here. If I'm a recruit whose satisfied getting a great free education being window dressing and making Bucknell look good then come on down.

Edited by Paulie777 on 03-09-22 06:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:39 AM