Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Vermont        (Topic#26616)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
11-07-22 07:43 PM - Post#345962    

Good to have the Bears back tonight. Game 1 is a tough one against one of the better mid-major teams in the region, if not the country - Kenpom has them at 100 to open the season. Vermont's guards are formidable, especially transfer Dylan Penn, who it looks like will start, despite being injured for most of the pre-season. They are a little less formidable in the front court, so I'll be interested to see if Nana and co. can take advantage of that. Excited to get the season underway!

Ever True 
Junior

11-07-22 08:34 PM - Post#345974    
    In response to Ever True

Bears looking solid on defense. On offense... not so much. 9 turnovers so far and they just look generally disjointed. Neither Lilly nor Wojcik have scored yet, but only down by 10, which isn't a bad place to be.

Ever True 
Junior

11-07-22 09:04 PM - Post#345997    
    In response to Ever True

Lilly hits two 3 pointers in the final minute to keep us within 10 of Vermont at the half, 28-37. Still no points from Wojcik, but he's been active on the defensive boards, grabbing five thus far. All in all, not a bad effort for the first half of the season.

Ever True 
Junior

11-07-22 10:40 PM - Post#346027    
    In response to Ever True

I guess I was right about Vermont's guards, but singled out the wrong guy. Aaron Deloney was unconscious for the Catamounts, wracking up 32 points on 78% shooting from the field. There were a couple of missed rotations, but otherwise I thought the Bears just ran into a guy having a career night.

The game got a way from us a little bit down the stretch - there were a couple opportunities for us to really cut into the lead and we came up with a series of empty possessions. Kino looked really good at times in the second half. The array of step back jumpers and floaters he can pull off at this stage in his career is incredible. Wojcik couldn't get the three ball to fall, but worked hard to get buckets in the paint. I did not have a Wojcik double-double on my bingo card for tonight, but that's what we got. Friday was a bull in the proverbial china shop and at times it felt like he was a forward and not a guard. He did a great job of getting to the charity stripe, which will be important for our offense. Nana didn't have a great game offensively, but I think that will come with time. When Cooley figures it out on offense, we'll be cooking with gas. All in all, our three high usage guys were efficient on offense. Vermont shot the ball well from three and that was the difference. I saw enough from these guys tonight that I feel good about what's to come.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Vermont
11-08-22 12:32 AM - Post#346047    
    In response to Ever True

They looked appropriately disjointed. Backcourt played well on offense but they couldn’t guard their 6 footer who dropped 32 and was hot all night. Our defense feels very different without Choh and Gainey clogging up the middle. I trust offensive flow will come.

Not much good vibe from the frontcourt.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:10 AM