Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: penn/bucknell        (Topic#2204)
penn99 
Freshman

Reg: 01-22-06
01-22-06 07:41 PM - Post#13836    

welcome to the site guys. hey why don't penn and bucknell play this year? i'd really like to see how the two teams stack up against each other. was it just a 2 year deal? i'd like to see it become an annual thing.

GoBison 
Junior
GoBison
Re: penn/bucknell
01-22-06 08:01 PM - Post#13837    
    In response to penn99

I'm sure this is the kind of annual matchup Bucknell would love to have on the schedule every year (I'd sure like to see it every year). My guess is the constraint is on Penn's side given the 4 Big 5 games Penn has to play OOC each year.

Also, when Penn is looking at PL schools to schedule, Lafayette is probably a preferential matchup due to the geography and the relationship between Fran & Fran.

Perhaps we can just agree to meet in the NCAA Tournament?

penn99 
Freshman

01-22-06 08:09 PM - Post#13838    
    In response to GoBison

sounds good to me!

i thought there was some unwritten rule that ivy teams were supposed to play 2-3 patriot teams a year. i'd much rather play you guys than navy like we did this year.

do you guys lose much talent this spring? we should probably be fielding one of our strong teams in recent history next season.

KenZ 
Postdoc
KenZ
Reg: 01-23-06
01-23-06 12:32 PM - Post#13839    
    In response to penn99

Bucknell staff tried very hard to ge games with Penn and Princeton this year. don't know what the sticking point was. as for next year, the Bison are in a scheduling bind and need to start a number of home and homes at BU. i am sure Bucknell is interested if Penn is willing. personally i would like to see this become a regular series now that we are more competitive.

Bison22 
goober

Reg: 01-23-06
01-23-06 03:41 PM - Post#13840    
    In response to KenZ

I thought I had heard that Penn was not willing to do 1 for 1 home and home series. I don't know how accurate this information is, and Penn has never seemed the type of program to act that way. This is only a rumor I have heard, which if true, is a joke. I see Penn and Bucknell as two very even programs at this point and would have liked to see them match up this year. Penn's offense vs. the Bucknell matchup.....would have been cool to see.

Ron Mexico 
goober

Reg: 04-11-05
01-23-06 03:54 PM - Post#13841    
    In response to Bison22

Penn is pretty similar to Bucknell in the way they're winning with defense. You probably saw the Lafayette score and thought Penn was an offensive juggernaut. Actually they've struggled offensive (mostly with outside shooting) this year and have relied on a really tough defense to win. Ken Pomeroy does defensive efficiency ratings on his site and Bucknell is 9th in D1 and Penn is 40th. Penn would be higher but they let Lafayette score 21 points in the final 8 minutes because they stopped playing D to try to score 100 points for free cheesesteaks for the fans.

After watching Duke and Villanova have some of their worst offensive nights of the season against Penn, I think there'd be some serious D showcased if Penn and Bucknell had played this year.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.018 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:26 PM