Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton        (Topic#25866)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
01-15-22 03:49 PM - Post#333315    

God bless Kino Lilly Jr. 13 points and a couple nice assists in that first half, including a 3-pointer on the last possession to give us the lead at the half.

Kimo Ferrari is not on the bench today, which leads me to assume he's out with Covid. That's a shame, as we could use his energy against Princeton's guards. I assume he'll also be out against Yale, which is a bummer.

This looks like a redux of last Friday - we're shooting well, just about 60% from the field and 54% from beyond the arc. Princeton very good on offense, but look human on the defensive end this far. Should be a good second half.

Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
01-15-22 05:11 PM - Post#333339    
    In response to Ever True

Good fight from the Bears, but not enough in the end. Didn't love the final possession, but c'est la vie.

25 from Lilly Jr - he looks so good as a rookie. Thought he was going to lead us to a win at Jadwin à la Desmond Cambridge, but it wasn't to be. Choh with another big game, but I thought he got a little tunnel vision at the end - taking it up against Evboumwan while also being guarded Friberg might have been ill-advised, but he does so much for this team that it's hard for me to be too mad about it.

Evboumwan would be my vote for IL POY at this point - Princeton has good guards, but they benefit from having a player who draws as much attention and passes as well as he does.

I was hoping we might steal this one, as we've had difficulty with Yale in the past. We really need a win on Monday to feel good about our chances going down the stretch. I think we need to get seven of the last ten to have a chance at the playoffs - and I'd prefer if we didn't have to win at Yale on the final day to make it happen.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-15-22 05:35 PM - Post#333346    
    In response to Ever True

I agree with your points,ET. We certainly didn’t get any help from the refs, but I guess that’s what you expect on the road. I’d be happy Friday didn’t take so many threes.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Princeton
01-15-22 05:48 PM - Post#333347    
    In response to Old Bear

They put up a great effort. It is so frustrating to see them leading again at the half and then losing the close game. They could have been 3-1 or 4-0 and it’s 1-3. Not trending towards a top four. Another set of poor possessions late. Lilly bailed them out of a lot. The big man for Princeton is a specimen! He was the difference. They missed a chance without Lwellyn playing.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Edited by Bruno on 01-15-22 05:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
01-15-22 05:56 PM - Post#333348    
    In response to Old Bear

Great effort! Choh going to the hoop is not a bad option for the last play. But considering the Tiger big man in the middle, I may have chosen some screens to get Lily open. The schedule has been challenging, as we knew it would be. Will need to hold serve at home or steal one or two on the road to grab a Tourney seed. Big game Monday.

Naismith 
Sophomore

Loc: RI
Reg: 11-11-18
01-16-22 12:19 PM - Post#333396    
    In response to JBears

looks like you're jinxed to a 2-12 parade through the Ivy schedule. However, you'll beat Harvard twice!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.015 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:39 PM