jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
02-28-12 01:29 PM - Post#122911    
    In response to Nino

• Nino Said:

Spot on! 100% accurate. Your argument is further supported by the fact we've had 8 D1 coaches in 23 years. That turnover has been devastating to the program, the student/fan/alumni support and team spirit.

Patsos has brought definition back to Loyola Basketball - an excellent product that promises to be exciting, fun and maybe even controversial, year after year. I've seen nearly every game for eight years, and I've been driven as crazy as anybody by "coaching situations". But I've also been in touch with more fans and more alums than anybody - and I'm telling you Jimmy's positives WAY outweigh his negatives when you look at the overall health and direction of the program.

Considering the product he's built, how much the students like him, the national press Loyola gets, and the talent he brings in, Patsos has been the best thing to ever happen to Loyola basketball. Period. End of story.

I don't disagree with your points. Jimmy Patsos will always be credited with saving the men's basketball program.

But that being said, at what point do we stop holding Scott Hicks up as the benchmark? When is it okay to hold higher expectations and level-set against the rest of the MAAC?

Some people, as talented as they are, can't get beyond a certain level. The automatic assumption that program tanks if/when Patsos leaves is flawed and not based in reality, it's based in fear.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.184 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:16 AM