Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Kyle Smith to San Francisco
Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
04-01-16 12:21 PM - Post#205644    
    In response to SomeGuy

I agree with SomeGuy, Murph and everyone else on this Board who are saying that Columbia's next Head Basketball Coach needs to make a major effort to attract outstanding players from the New York Metropolitan Area. However, we have all been stating that for years, and what is more important, in my opinion, is that we need to step up our recruiting on a national level and attract that same type of 3 and 4 star players as Harvard has coming in this fall. Now I realize that there are doubters out there who feel that Harvard has an "institutional advantage" over the other seven Ivy League schools, and to some degree they may be true, but the fact is that Columbia, and for that matter, all of the other seven Ivies have their own "institutional advantages," as well. Taking Columbia Football as an example, the naysayers have been saying for years that Columbia couldn't recruit at the same level as the other Ivies. Well, guess what, Coach Bagnoli and his staff destroyed that myth overnight and the incoming class is rated as the second or third best FCS in America. Not only that, but for those of us who follow Columbia football recruiting, it is exciting to know that the Lions just hit a new recruiting milestone by being the first Ivy League School to reach the "100 Mark" in Rivals Recruiting, meaning that 100 top players nationally have already expressed an interest in Columbia. I doubt that has ever happened before. What it means is that Columbia Football is hot, very hot and that more academically minded high school players are interested in Columbia than Harvard at 57, or any other Ivy. Not to belabor the point, but Columbia's new Head Basketball Coach just needs to replicate what Coach Bagnoli and his staff are doing to be successful.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.571 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:04 AM