Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Oni to Enter NBA Draft
james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
05-14-19 06:40 PM - Post#284507    
    In response to palestra38

Harvard is a massive favorite next year on anyone’s court. They are an even bigger one at home no doubt.

This being said yale with oni is a contender. If they get good pg play and bruner makes the jump he can from a real offseason for once then they should make the playoff which gives them better than a punchers chance statistically. pretty loaded actually assuming any growth in existing 4 of 7 “starters” coming back. And they have talent up and down this roster otherwise assuming it develops in line w expectations.

Oni likely goes if he has a good combine and/or good workouts. The goal is to get closer to 40 than 60 in this draft.
Next year might not improve much for him regardless bc he will be 22 and almost 23.
The Yale degree argument is dumb to me and I have one. He has one year of credits left and as smart as he is that can be done relatively easily in a few off seasons which he will do. basically he is getting this degree regardless so why let it impact his timing. At worst he will get paid and plays in a high euro league. At best he gets an nba roster spot. And in the middle is possibly a 2 way g/nba deal.from what I can gather getting picked at 40 wld all but guarantee the non-euro scenario. Not sure if it’s say 45.

The combine performance will of course matter in framing upside/downside in this draft. but I don’t know how high the bar really is...make more shots than he did against LSU? Show his athleticism. but his position doesn’t improve much next year?
And his skill if showed is 3 and D. That stock is accorded a high multiple right now if they believe in him. Will the value on his skill go up next year? They might feel better abt it but they don’t increase their multiple on him I don’t think. They also could cut the valuation multiple. He might feel better finishing his degree and getting a Y letter sweater. But there is possible opportunity cost

of course I hope he doesn’t leave bc they would be dangerous
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.734 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:32 AM