Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Around the Patriot League 2019-20
bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
11-14-19 01:34 AM - Post#290931    
    In response to bison63

After the Hofstra win, we have climbed from the mid 140's in Pomeroy to 131. Colgate otoh has dropped to 125. So what was a 30ish place difference between them and us is now a 6 place differential.

Having just watched them play Syracuse, here are some observations. This CU team had a chance to give Syracuse a good game, and maybe even sneak out with a win ala the Bison in 2005(?). They did not. CU is the deserved favorite to win the PL, and until somebody proves otherwise, they remain so. But watching them play Syracuse, I come away feeling they they are not nearly as athletic as we are, and if you contain Jordan Burns, as Syracuse did, they are not that scary (I am speaking of the same Jordan Burns that torched us for 35 last March).

Now I am writing this on a night when we really looked good against a good, but not great, mid major team, and CU looked very overmatched against a perennial strong P5 conference team, and I am mindful of the saying that "you never are as good as you look yada, yada, yada." But it does occur to me that when we next meet them they will not have a heckuva lot to show us, that we have not seen before, while we will have plenty new to show them. I am not counting my chickens, this is Colgate's league to lose, but the one major advantage I see them as having over us is experience (not to be underated), and by March, our team of kids that is just getting to know each oter now, will have whittled a lot off of CU's experience advantage. Like I say, the PL is their's to win or lose, but I like the potential I am seeing with our guys.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.275 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:44 AM