Username Post: Women's Basketball 2019-20
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
01-09-20 10:10 PM - Post#296323    
    In response to jkrun80

• jkrun80 Said:
Holy Cross eked out a 1 point win over Lafayette (who we beat 50-36) at home on a 3 point play with 8 seconds left. I'm not saying this will be an easy game, but the results indicate we're the better team. Current RPIs are 94 (BU) and 105 (HC).

Definitely not an easy game. HC starts four seniors, plus a soph PG who was the PL ROY last year. They also have the league's top player (Lauren Manis), who is the preseason POY this year and who will end her career having made 1st team All-PL three times and 2nd team once. HC also leads the nation in three-point shooting accuracy. Included on their resume thus far is a win over Boston College and also an OT loss at Illinois - but they have not been consistent. I will be rooting for the Bison of course, but if HC comes to play, I think they have a good chance to win on their home court.

One other intangible is that HC is better coached this year, with Bill Gibbons having been suspended and then having his contract non-renewed. I don't think their interim coach, Ann McInerney is great - but she is a definite improvement.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.229 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:06 PM