Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Lehigh Game
Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
01-19-20 09:39 AM - Post#297070    
    In response to HuskyColonial

He has a position - 4 man (who can also Back-up at 5)

The two best performing lineups right now don’t have Funk in them. He needs to pick it up. Started the year pretty well.

Best thing about taking Newman out of the mix was it got him out of Meeks way on the interior and more importantly got Bruce out of his way on the perimeter.

Now it’s up to ND to stop John from his natural propensity/talent at junk ball (fade-aways, turn-arounds, double-spin moves and whatever he does on that move in the lane that becomes an automatic travel call). He’s so much better letting the game come to him.

I would love to see a lineup where we go 2-3 with Newman and Bruce and Spear on the wings with Jimmy and Avi up top. Not sure how we would score with that lineup so you couldn’t employ for other than tactical defensive purposes. I would like to see Saeed Nelson go 90’ and get a layup in 8-9 seconds through that. Unfortunately it puts both Newman & Spear on the floor in tight games where you need to shoot fouls.

OH I DIVERSE (that’s what practice is for) - - - small ball is the only way for us to go offensively.

Don’t know how we can score with Colgate at Coterall in 100% MTM. We need to control tempo better with them but what do I know.

I do know however that that ball hand off from the 1 to the trailing 5 is the worst basketball play I have ever seen. It sucked when we were dropping off to Nate and Zach. Brought this up early in the year and was mortified to see we dusted it off twice last night. It produces two automatics; travel violation and a license for John to launch a 30 footer (as if we need to increase shot license) with 26 tics on the shot clock. We can do better than that.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.136 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:30 PM