Username Post: Fire ND!
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
02-01-20 08:55 PM - Post#298300    
    In response to Bison54

• Bison54 Said:
A couple of weeks ago, in the post game with Doug, Coach Harrison was explaining how pleased they were with the defense switching. Coach Davis said pretty much the same thing today, as a positive. I guess he was looking for some lemonade. But really?? Just sayin'

You’ve touched on an issue that definitely scares me. The coaching staff seems proud of a defensive strategy that has made Bucknell one of the worst teams at defending the two point shot in the entire country. It is the worst Bison defense in HISTORY in this area. And yet they seem proud of it. They don’t seem to understand that automatically switching, so that a bison guard is constantly trying to guard a 6-8 or 6-9 post player near the baskets makes no sense at all. Just as bad is that a Bison big man must defend a quick guard on the perimeter, and the wings are forced to cheat away from their man to help out on the mismatch in the post. And the other teams are smart enough to exploit this bizarre strategy.

Good teams switch as a last resort if it is going to create a mismatch. But Bucknell automatically switches, so that the opponent can create the most favorable matchup’s for themselves. I heard from a source that I believe is reliable that many of the players do not like this defensive fstrategy. Hopefully it will be radically changed at some point.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.177 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:13 AM