Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-05-20 10:15 PM - Post#298671    
    In response to james

Bleh, this is what makes "better" conversations hard. Brodeur isn't a particularly efficient scorer, but then Penn asks him for volume, not efficiency. He's also absolutely more integral to his team than Atkinson is. Yet Atkinson is an extraordinarily efficient finisher around the rim. Who's better may really depend on what a team needs. If we want to define better as "who's more capable of being 'the man' on a team," then yes, it's Brodeur and it's not that close. If Atkinson had to be the primary creator like Brodeur is, Yale would be substantially worse than they are. Fortunately, Yale has the luxury of Bruner and Monroe to handle those duties.

I will confess myself to being biased, since I've never been a huge fan of Brodeur's post game (I'm sure he's taken shots with his left hand, but Lord knows I can't remember any specific instances off the top of my head), but I suppose I should take my homer glasses off for a second and acknowledge that you can't argue with results *grumble grumble*.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.208 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:28 AM