Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-07-20 10:12 PM - Post#298931    
    In response to Chip Bayers

Some thoughts:

Well I, for one, love how Harvard can look abysmal for 4 consecutive games and then all of a sudden they get 30 points combined from Djuricic and Baker.

Yale was sloppy on defense early and let Harvard get hot. Can't ever do that against a good team and expect to get away with it.

Harvard hit a TON of tough, tough shots in the 8:00-4:00 window to keep Yale at bay; if Amaker hadn't very unwisely tried to put it in the cooler too early, that probably would've been enough.

Atkinson missed 6 FTs, Yale lost by 1. Sigh.

Bruner played by far his worst game this year. Getting blocked by Danilo Djuricic *twice* should never happen to a player of his talent level.

To respond to HDG from the other thread, I don't know if I'd say Yale got *exposed*, per se. This is how Yale usually looks - they'll get contributions from somewhere, but it's not always the same place. Unfortunately the supporting cast all had bad games on the same night.

Atkinson made Lewis look bad and Forbes look putrid. Aside from the FTs, his only really disappointing play came early on when Harvard played Baker at the 5 and he got lost, leading to a couple of threes.

I'm not convinced that, sans Aiken, Harvard is capable of playing much better on aggregate than that. Sure Ledlum and Lewis were bad, but you're not getting production like that from Baker and Djuricic most nights.

Yale learned the lesson that Harvard had learned last weekend: maybe don't spot your opponents 15 points if you wanna win.

Ah well, you weren't gonna win them all anyway. On to Dartmouth.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.912 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:55 PM