Username Post: Deuce Turner commits to the Bison
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
02-18-20 02:18 PM - Post#300542    
    In response to Doktore K

• Doktore K Said:
B137, many of us are not Twitter users like you. Where is Hicks (point guard for Malvern) going to college? Or is he still a junior?

I have seen him play multiple times-- he is fast and has improved his overall game. I think he could play in the Patriot League.

Just wondering....appreciate your research on this. His Dad, Ricky Hicks, is one of the all-time leading scorers for West Chester U (Division II).

Does anyone else think we could use a small, shifty PG who can set up our 3 point bombers?? IF not Hicks, then who are the targets for this need.

Hicks is a junior. Agree that he might be able to play PG at the PL level. No idea if his grades/SAT's fit under the AI.

As for Bucknell's PG plans, it is hard to tell. I would not be excited to see Xander Rice as the starting PG. Deuce Turner has said he is preparing to play the point, at least on occasion, so that may be a possibility - although I'd have to see a lot more of him playing there to form an opinion. Right now, there is only one known outstanding scholarship offer for the available scholarship for the Class of 2020. And that one is to a PF and may well be off the table. I imagine we will eventually see more offers for that open spot, although I would be fine with holding it back to use on a transfer (assuming the BU administration cooperates). That strategy has been very successful for Matt Langel at Colgate.

Also there is one known PG offer for the Class of 2021, Denham Wojcik who plays for an Indiana prep school. I would be surprised if he ends up at Bucknell however. Assuming the final scholarship this year is not used for a PG, then I think that would automatically become the #1 need for the 2021 recruits. And I agree that it would be good to get a small, quick PG.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.521 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:47 AM