Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
05-18-20 04:01 PM - Post#307456    
    In response to adcs2

• adcs2 Said:
A couple things about Lafayette.

They added Tomas Verbinskis, a transfer from Richmond, shortly after Suffern left.

Also a walk-on, Ryan Zambie, is slated to be part of the class entering in the fall of 2020.

Do not believe the Pards have any scholarships remaining but I could be wrong

1. Yes, Verbinskis, a 6-7 forward, was added by LC during semester break this past season. I doubt he will be a difference-maker. Richmond was his only reported offer when he committed there three years ago. They opted to redshirt him for the 2017-18 season, as he was not ready to contribute. Then the next year he got into one game in December, then missed the rest of the year with foot and ankle injuries. Finally in 2019-20, he played all of eight minutes during the first semester before transferring. Theoretically he will have to sit out the first semester at LC, but I imagine the NCAA will give him a waiver due to his injuries and complete lack of playing time.

2. You may be right about the LC scholarship situation, although I have always believed Michael Anekwe is a preferred walk-on - despite VC calling him a scholarship player. VC has no inside info and is not always accurate. Anekwe had no scholarship offers his senior year and committed to LC at the end of March, just prior to the late signing date. In his two years at LC, he has played exactly 20 minutes despite no major injuries. To me, his overall resume does not sound like a scholarship player.

Having said that, there has always been a question as to whether LC was allowed to utilize 13 scholarships. In 2014-15, they had 13 scholarship players - but in many other years, there appear to have been no more than 12. It's tough to tell, however, since they have lost a number of players to transfer (M. Hoffman, A. Evans, S. Dunkum, T. Barlow, I. Suffern, plus a few preferred walk-ons) - which kept the roster below maximum size.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.391 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:49 AM