Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: It’s hard being a Pennfan right now
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
10-19-20 04:48 PM - Post#315077    
    In response to palestra38

• palestra38 Said:
The issue is the incredible communicability of the virus, especially indoors. The NBA was unable to continue without a bubble. You can't do a bubble for the NCAA, absent a tournament format.

Now if they wanted to do a national tournament with all teams in a bubble setting, I'm all for it. If the Ivies want to do a tournament in a bubble setting, I'm all for it. But otherwise, the risk is intolerable.

P38: Risk of what? No fans and a bunch of 18-22 yr olds who get tested in advance seems like a tolerable outcome. European basketball is happening, with testing and contact tracing. Also, viruses (ALL Viruses) are incredibly communicable and spread indoors more easily. We don't shut down economies and lives because of that.

The Ivies don't have exclusive access to the world's leading doctors so that's not a coherent excuse.

MrJ brings up some valid points on this. Do you have a link to the CDC report you reference?

I am not predisposed in my thinking on this, I am weighing the arguments on both sides. Right now I see enough people figuring out the safety and public health concerns to move forward at some level. That may change, but Covid Hysteria can't rule forever can it?

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.226 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:59 PM