Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Season
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
10-29-20 07:08 PM - Post#315675    
    In response to ivyrules

I mean, if there's no season in 20-21 (and it would be an absolute coup that would likely involve the league not doing the 8-0 thing it loves, so I think there's zero chance but am still obligated to pretend like there is...), Harvard's incoming "class" for the 2021-22 season right now would arguably be better than the 2016 class. So, it is very well positioned for the future.

Beyond Harvard, I'd say we're having a pretty usual Ivy recruiting year. That being said, we'd be unlikely to see the stronger recruiting until next year - when teams would start having fewer scholarships to offer given all the extra year players on their rosters.

I don't suspect net-net that we're likely to see much change in losing the season, aside from Yale being disadvantaged a bit because it was likely to be the best team heading into 2020-21 (though similar to 2019-20, if the tourney was going to be at Harvard, Harvard might have still been the slight favorite to win the bid this season). I do think it's possible we'll see a headline player or two that isn't a senior enter the transfer portal after the official cancellation is announced, but at a high level, this is a strange enough year that I don't see the Ivy's ultimate decision being all that impactful from a player perspective.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.427 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:54 PM