Username Post: Ivy Season
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
11-10-20 06:25 PM - Post#316497    
    In response to section110

Deja vu.
The second week of March we were bemoaning the league's decision to cancel the Tournament. There were claims of hypocracy (coach Donahue) until the ECAC shut down hockey just a few days later. Harvard refused to participate or host, and so many of us pushed for the remaining schools to find an arena and hold the tournament without fans. I signed Byce Aiken's petition. The league was right, we were wrong, and the NCAA didn't take long to shut down conference tournaments and then March Madness.

We just set a record for hospitalizations in this country today. Deaths will increase. In some areas ICU's are already full. Schools will all send their students home before Thanksgiving, hoping to get the back in February. The focus will be students spreading COVID to their families and communities.

I remember when Dr. Fauci thought we'd hit 100,000 new cases a day. I'm wondering about 200,000.

If Biden was President, he'd be smart to consider a shutdown between Thanksgiving and the New Year. Maybe the new real task force will provide advice that honest governors can follow. Advice that likely won't include athletic.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 11-10-20 06:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.955 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:27 PM