Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: This proves that Covid can be managed at Universities
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
11-28-20 11:12 AM - Post#317384    
    In response to bradley

I don’t understand the premise of this “setback” narrative. It would be one thing if we had players transferring that had 21-22 Ivy eligibility remaining, but so far, that hasn’t happened. The seniors entering the transfer portal would have entered regardless, as they’ll have NCAA eligibility if they played this year or not, but wouldn’t have Ivy eligibility either way. Transfers like Forrest and Cambridge left prior to COVID-19. And the 2021 class is basically locked in, and I haven’t heard of any decommits over the decision not to play. Maybe there will be an impact on the 2022 class, but I doubt it as the NCAA remains in a dead period, so it’s not like folks in that class can be visiting for games on unofficials.

Certainly things can change, and if they do, then we can discuss the impacts of a talent drain, but so far, the only net effect is that 21-22 will be slightly better than it otherwise would have been, as Yale should be stronger with Swain using his final year of eligibility in 21-22.

As far as I know, Llewellyn would have missed substantial time this year regardless and would have thusly likely had a grad year to spend elsewhere anyway.

And it would have been extremely difficult to set up an impermeable bubble in any realistic way. It’s a nice theoretical idea, but much more difficult in practice than the hand wavy support for it here.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:21 PM