Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Fire ND!
bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
01-12-21 08:51 PM - Post#319149    
    In response to Paulie777

I guess this thread is going to stick around, at least until the Bison go on a 10 game winning streak, and while I am in no way qualified to comment on the coaching, I think it is time to put one idea to rest, and that is the theory that Nathan Davis wins with the other guys players, but his record sours when he is on his own. It says here that this is untrue.
ND's best season at RM, was his last, when he was in his second season of rosters fully recruited by him. That sesaon his team compiled a 28-3 record for a .903 winning percentage, and went to the D3 Elite 8. His "worst" year if you can refer to a Sweet 16 appearance by that name was 2 seasons prior to the 28-3 season. That year he was only 21-10 for a meager .697 %, and as I said had to be content with the Sweet 16.

what's it prove? Nothing really, except the idea that he can only win with somebody elses recruits seems pretty lame. Now, possibly he had a great Asst Coach as a recruiter,ala Paulsen with Dane Fischer. I do not know. I do know that DP is not exactly setting the world on fire at George Mason. ND deserves the chance to work through this. If we are still having this conversation in two years, then we will see what we will see, but I suspect the turnaround stars with this Freshman class, and this season will be the low point. We may be hard pressed to win 4 games this year as virtually every team we play (except LU) was rated above us in the Pre Season poll. But I do believe brighter days are ahead.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.168 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:38 AM