Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Donahue to Penn St?
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
01-27-21 12:19 AM - Post#319800    
    In response to Penndemonium

Update on the coaching search from Penn State AD Sandy Barbour.

- So far, assuming that risk has manifested itself to the Nittany Lions having a 5-6 record under interim coach Jim Ferry, who Barbour says has done an outstanding job.

As for if Ferry will drop the interim tag and become the full-time coach?

Barbour wouldn't say.

But she did give a deadline as to when the new full-time coach would be named.

"In terms of getting candidates and developing our list and kind of getting ahead of the game, we've been doing that," Barbour said. "The plan would be to name a head coach immediately following the conclusion of our Penn State men's basketball season."

Without divulging who's on the list, Barbour did say one advantage is that people interested in the job know it's open and don't have to wait and see if it will become available. -

- She also said that Ferry has made it clear to her that he'd like to be considered for the full-time position.

"Jim has certainly, from the beginning, indicated his interest in being a candidate, and in my evaluation, I think that Jim's done some great things,” Barbour said. “I'm not going to make that decision until the end of the season, but he's got a hands-on audition in order to make his case."

When it comes to naming a full-time coach, Barbour said she'll seek to strike a balance between on-court performance and fit for the job from a culture and off-the-court perspective.

"In terms of metrics, there certainly are some on-court metrics in terms of how teams play outside of the metric piece, it's about style and those kinds of things and I'm certainly relying on experts around some of that," she said. "My biggest contribution, if you will, is to really look at fit for Penn State, fit for our students, our expectations for coaches around being educators and how they work with and help our students develop and grow. In the end, we'll put all that together and figure out who the best or the best candidate is." -
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.366 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:13 PM