Username Post: New 2021 Recruiting Thread
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
02-17-21 06:19 PM - Post#320895    
    In response to SomeGuy

• Quote:
I don't think anyone lost nearly as much as Penn.

That's insane.

• Quote:
And they still made the playoffs every year.

Barely.

• Quote:
if it was, Harvard would win every year. Or at least one of the last six years.

Harvard has won three of the past six Ivy titles. It lost two road tourney games as the 1-seed.

• Quote:
My point is that Penn can beat Harvard while getting outrecruited.

Penn is 4-6 against Harvard under Donahue (5-7 with tourneys) and hasn't beaten Harvard away from The Palestra.

• Quote:
If your narrative is just that Harvard outrecruits us, then we are all agreed.

My narrative is that Penn is recruiting like the fourth or fifth best team in the league (Brown is right there with Penn) and over the past four years it has the fourth most Ivy wins. Further, I believe those two things are linked. I also believe that Harvard and Yale are recruiting much better than Penn and are 1-2 in Ivy wins over the past four years.

This notion that Penn can get outrecruited by Harvard, Yale (and Princeton) and still "compete" isn't being proven true in the Ivy standings, where it is -3 to Princeton, -6 to Yale and -9 to Harvard over the past four years.

What's more is that Penn had BY FAR the most productive player in terms of total output over those four years, masking how much further the Quakers are behind in average talent.

You can spin things all you want, but I'd recommend listening to nychoops and me and the info we're trying to convey, rather than pretending we're just shooting from the hip on a barstool. We're just trying to share what we know.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.528 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:09 PM