Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: New 2021 Recruiting Thread
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-18-21 12:00 AM - Post#320910    
    In response to TheLine

The objective results of what, though? Ranking of recruiting classes? We’ve upped our level of play significantly in the Donahue years. Who wins in the world of ranking recruiting classes is interesting, and at this stage we do it well enough for it to correlate some to performance. But compared to Princeton, for example, I find it hard to be certain we are being outrecruited when the teams are so close overall.

I get the Brodeur point, and in many ways I agree — I actually think we underestimate just how good he was. We got markedly better immediately upon his arrival. But we can’t ignore the best players when evaluating the recruiting. They are part of the overall picture, too.

Finally, and apologies if we are going around the same circle, I’m just not sure why we need to beat ourselves up over this. We can compete with Harvard while getting outrecruited. And the more we compete with them, the more we can turn the tide on the recruiting.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.758 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:46 PM