Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: New 2021 Recruiting Thread
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-18-21 02:48 PM - Post#320945    
    In response to Penndemonium

That is fair, particularly about at some point agreeing to disagree. And I definitely made a personal comment that could be viewed as hostile, which I regret and apologized for.

But note that your first point may contradict the second a bit. Yes, we have debated this before. But how did this one start? With a pointed comment from mrjames, not just about whether Penn has a recruiting problem, but referencing posters (presumably me) saying Penn doesn’t have a recruiting problem. What should I be doing there? Rather than just accept the jab, I made some perhaps overly lawyered arguments about why I (still) didn’t think that was the case. He made some good arguments the other way. That’s all fine and good. But then he started down the “I know and you don’t” line of defending an opinion, while likening me to a guy sitting at a barstool making stuff up, which basically becomes something beyond the factual arguments we were making — to me that is more personal, and, from past go rounds on this, mrjames knows I take that personally. I then hit too hard with the “paid shill” comment, but I think I did that after taking a number of unnecessary (though smaller) punches. My point is simply that the hostility/agree to disagree thing should apply both ways — in this case, both sides were being hard headed and showing some hostility.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.022 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:30 AM