Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: This proves that Covid can be managed at Universities
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-22-21 11:24 AM - Post#322388    
    In response to mrjames

I obviously disagree with the final decision of the IL Presidents. I do not have a clue about the process and really do not care. I agree with your thoughts that it is what it is and represents the attitude of IL Presidents. As fans, we can certainly object to their view of the world but it really will not change anything.

The decision, unlike every other conference, says a lot as to where sports fit in the pecking order for IL Presidents and really is not a great surprise based on current IL policies relating to sports. There is nothing wrong in deciding not to be on the playing field of some of the great IL teams during the 60s and 70s and to a lesser extent, the 80s and 90s as times have changed.

The notion that IL BB was going to become a two bid NCAAM Tournament league is a bit of a fantasy based on existing attitudes and policies of the IL. I remember that it was an arguing point for some as to the adoption of Ivy Madness. Two bids could happen on an isolated year but nothing is really going to change unless attitudes and policies change.

It is fine to be a second tier mid-major conference at the end of the day and try to pull off an upset or two in the field of 64 or 32. Just simply send your best team to achieve this realistic goal.

For some of us, what happened this year will effect future fandom -- for others, it will have no effect.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.179 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:36 PM