Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: This proves that Covid can be managed at Universities
OldBig5 
Masters Student

Reg: 02-18-18
03-24-21 04:07 PM - Post#322505    
    In response to mrjames

• mrjames Said:
Generally recruiting rankings have predictive power at the top and bottom end. That is, the highest end of Ivy recruits in terms of rankings have very high hit rates and the bottom (no rankings at all) have had very low hit rates, while everything in between tended to be meaningless.

IIRC the last model I ran basically had win share credit for the top recruits (say 2* average and up) and then win share credit for the *number* of recruits.

So, I don't think the model is telling us a ton we don't already know: Really highly rated recruits are generally good, and anything beneath that is a relative crapshoot.

Anecdotally, I think the model could be greatly improved with *real* offers, but those are hard to come by in a bulk fashion. My own guesses at contributions aren't really based on this model but rather offers and what the programs are seeing from their players.

That makes lots of sense based on what I have seen over the years. Thanks for your analysis and rankings also.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.388 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:40 PM