Username Post: Bison Football 2021 Schedule
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
10-06-21 12:22 PM - Post#326949    
    In response to bison75

A few thoughts:

1. Agree with NoMoney about the quality of the new scoreboard and also the secondary scoreboard.

2. As Bison75 pointed out, the crowd got quite loud. I believe the ringleader, who has been doing this for four years, is a friend/relative of Bison DE Grayson Cherubino, who unfortunately is one of the many Bison who has suffered a serious injury. That hasn't stopped his buddy from envigorating the crowd. He used to use a huge megaphone plus a large drum, but now he has a couple assistants doing the drum part. Bucknell should hire him to come to basketball games.

3. Listed attendance was 2887 and that was pretty accurate. It is disappointing, but it is not just a Bucknell issue but rather an issue hitting many smaller northeastern schools. For example, Colgate drew 2684 vs Lehigh for their homecoming in perfect weather the previous week. Lehigh just drew 3500 vs Yale. Lafayette's homecoming game vs Fordham drew 2950 last week. (And remember that LU and LC have far more alums who live within 90 minutes of campus than does Bucknell.) Fordham's season opener vs Monmouth drew 2684. Etc.

4. I don't have any stats but I have the feeling that younger alums don't attend Homecoming in nearly the same numbers as previous generations. Typically they instead keep in touch with dozens of classmates via social media, facetime, etc. I know my kids who attended Bucknell are in constant contact with many classmates and they meet for weekend getaways, longer vacations, etc. So Homecoming is nothing special to them.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.19 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:53 AM