American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Football Recruits 2022
jkrun80 
Postdoc

Reg: 05-07-12
12-17-21 09:35 PM - Post#331563    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:

JKrun, I believe Bucknell is the only PL school with a track that goes around the football stadium. Is that correct?

Yes, you are correct. Most are stuck out in the middle of an empty field, which makes wind an issue. Army is the only one that has a true grandstand, but wind is still an issue there because it is right on the Hudson. We have, by far, the nicest track facility in the Patriot League (not that I'm biased).

For the athletes, our track is great. To his credit, Coach Donner has taken full advantage of it by creating the Bison Outdoor Classic. This meet draws nearly a hundred teams, especially for the Friday or Saturday evening distance races. It's also a huge source of revenue for the program.

I'm not sure where you would put a track west of 15. There's no way you could hold a meet like that with the track outside the stadium. To me, it would be like moving the track out of Franklin Field.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.24 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:58 AM