Username Post: Kean/Texas
Tiger81 
Masters Student
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-22-21 06:51 PM - Post#331775    
    In response to bradley

I am fine with Princeton’s level of commitment to athletics and the Tigers’ sustained record of excellence is the best evidence I can think of to demonstrate its strength. Some coaches may not to work within the constraints that come with an academics-first institution or could grow frustrated with them over time. Some may want to compete at a higher (and more remunerative) level. I can live with that. As for players, they allow for medical red shirts and appear to be accommodating athletes who want to split semesters and graduate at mid-year. There is some flexibility but it is not unlimited.

Could they do more? Sure, but how far is enough?

I think Princeton and the Ivies in general do a good job of striking the right balance. Not that I have no complaints (I would like to see football get to participate in playoffs) but I respect the Ivy approach and am impressed with how so many teams and sports compete at a very high level.

Playing TX and coming within 5 points in the second half is a good example of the success of the Ivy model. Not a moral victory, I don’t believe in them, but an encouraging reflection of Tiger WBB’s determination and talent.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:52 PM