Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Kean/Texas
SecS3 
Junior

Reg: 03-17-16
12-22-21 08:51 PM - Post#331785    
    In response to bradley

This may have been as tough as I've ever seen Princeton play. To out rebound that team was remarkable. Ellie Mitchell was a beast. She had three times as many offensive rebounds as the entire Texas team. The job that she and Grace Stone did while giving away 4 to 5 inches was impressive to say the least.

In fairness to Chen, all of her turnovers were not totally her fault. She was called for one back court violation that appeared clearly to be tipped by a defender. Under the relentless pressure Texas put on the entire game, I thought she did a pretty good job of bringing the ball up court. Like everyone else, she simply couldn't buy a basket. Had we made a few of the open looks, especially in the first half, this game could have been very interesting late into the fourth quarter. If the team continues to play this hard, most of the Ivy games well seem easier than practice.

FWIW, I'm all for playing a tough OC schedule rather than spending most of the pre Ivy time in the bakery. My only beef was, and it's a minor one at that, is I would have liked to have seen Paige Morton or even Parker Hill get to see a little combat late in the game against Texas' size and strength. Could prove beneficial down the road.

Yes it's a loss and I'm not a moral victory guy, but there's nothing for anyone to hang their head about. That type of effort will go a long way for the remainder of the season.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.123 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:57 AM