Username Post: Fire ND!
DoCtoR62 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-18-08
01-11-22 01:41 AM - Post#333076    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:
  • The Psycho of Sojka Said:
Not sure when the last time Bucknell started 0-4 in league play, but that was atrocious.

The last time was 1981-82. However the opponents then were LaSalle, Saint Joe’s, Temple, and Hofstra. A bit different than the four teams this year.

One other difference is that team in 1982 had a really good future. It included newcomers Jaye Andrews, Ed Sigl, and Eric Hegedus. Plus Cal Puriefoy emerged as a really good point guard during the year. The next season they were good, and the following season they were great. Does anyone see that happening here?

Your recollection of that 81-82 team is very different than mine. Three of the 7 wins were vs Division 3, and the low point of the program in the 45 years that I have been following it was a home loss to Messiah College in mid-February. I can’t imagine how this board would have handled that season. Charlie Woollum certainly would have been on the hot seat. Jaye Andrews was viewed as a potential standout, but not so much for those other names. Eric Hegedus was a JV player that year, and many weren’t real fans of Cal until midway through the next season. I’m hopeful that 40 years from now others might have the same view of 2021-22.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.322 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:12 AM