Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
01-19-22 04:50 PM - Post#333711    

In some ways, this is the most linear Ivy matchup, as it is fairly clear (I think) who guards who for Penn. I assume Smith guards Swain, which should be key. Williams might have a tough time with Gabbidon.

Going the other way, I’m not as certain of how Yale generally defends, but I would guess Gabiddon guards Dingle. Weirdly, this could be a good matchup for Penn in the sense that Yale may not gameplan for Dingle the way some others have, because they may think they have a guy who can stay with him (Brown may have thought something similar).

I do think Yale is vulnerable to size. So I suspect Spinoso gets a shot at some point. I am also curious to see whether Mosh can effectively get into his bag of tricks against Kelly. This is a weird team for Jones. For like 20 years he stuck to playing 2 bigs even as nearly everyone else changed it up. And now suddenly he plays all guards and wings.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.817 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:45 PM