Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Down to the Wire
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
02-07-22 05:14 PM - Post#335745    
    In response to bradley

I don't think the League ever touted the Madness as a means to obtain an at large berth in the NCAAs. I think that was a function of some of the pro-tournament posters here. The League wanted it as a grand social and branding event....somewhat more the latter, but the social aspect was significant. For branding, the Palestra was chosen and yeah, I understand the complaints from other schools. But to move it to clearly substandard arenas and play it at 11 in the morning ...with the finals on Selection Sunday so as to forfeit any serious consideration of the League's actual winner, is just ridiculous. Everything has become a compromise upon a compromise and there is no reason for any of it. But we all know they aren't getting rid of it--just put someone in charge that can make a decision based on a set of criteria---such as minimum 5000 seats so people can come and see the entire tournament and get the women some publicity rather than have their own private tournament in the same location. Then market the hell out of it to Ivy League alumni and make the trip an attractive one. Price the tickets at an appropriate amount for Ivy League games---there are other ways to make money.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.405 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:24 AM