Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Tommy Amaker
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-16-22 01:27 AM - Post#336562    
    In response to TigerFan

Amaker is a better man than I, because I would've told that crusty old fossil precisely where he could stick his preference. For that matter, Amaker could've made life very unpleasant for Coach K and Duke if he'd chosen to do so, because the optics of this are absolutely brutal (if the article is to be believed). Frankly, after what Coach K did to him, he'd have been well within his rights to do so.

(I think that staying at Harvard is probably the best career move for Amaker, loathe as I am to admit it. He will never ever ever be fired, he's proven that he can consistently put together strong teams at this level, and it seems as though he and the missus are happy with their position.)

Also, and I apologize for my bluntness here, he's already failed at the helm of two separate Power 5 schools. Duke is the crown jewel of coaching jobs in terms of the infrastructure in place, and Duke shouldn't have to settle for anything less than the best possible hire. I really don't think that Scheyer was that guy based on his inexperience, but I digress.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.371 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:10 PM