Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mid-Preseason Power Rankings
TigerDave 
goober

Reg: 11-21-04
11-28-04 11:54 PM - Post#338    
    In response to

I'm not sure that we've seen enough to call Penn the "most talented team." Yes, they had an impressive win against Drexel but the poundings they took from PC and Wisconsin were very un-Pennlike. I'm used to seeing Penn make good showings in games like these.

Princeton had good showings against Bucknell & Syracuse but looked ugly against Wyoming & Lafayette. This kind of ugly performance early in the season is not untypical of recent Princeton teams.

I would still give the nod to the experience and talent of Princeton at this point. I think they are still getting used to Scott's style of play and will gel down the road as the Ivy season approaches.

Also, I find it somewhat confusing that Princeton has only one player (Venable) in your top 15 Ivy players and yet is ranked second as a team. Is it their bench that makes them so good? Team chemistry? Coaching?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.008 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:18 AM