Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mid-Preseason Power Rankings
AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
11-29-04 02:15 PM - Post#342    
    In response to Condor

Condor - not a flame, but a general observation on an attempt to rank players based on a handful of games against disparate opponents. This is a pool of players that none of us have really observed as a group, so basically this exercise consistes of looking at some boxscores and making wild assumptions.

Personally I've seen one Penn game on TV, listened to two on the Internet and read about the 4th. Can't say I have much of a fix on my team, let alone the individual players. As for other teams, I've read the articles on the site like most others, but I couldn't guess whether Preston has played better than Zoller or Kaplan.

All our opinions are subjective because we tend to see our own teams disproportionately, but at least when we make these subjective judgments using better data later on in the season, they have at least some small element of objectivity.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.016 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:48 PM