Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Football: Yes, they are playing.
bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
10-13-22 01:21 PM - Post#345191    
    In response to Bison54

• Bison54 Said:
Beginning in 1950 and ending in 1965, the Bison beat Temple every year except for 1953 with coaches Harry Lawrence and Bob O'Dell (Carroll huntress came in 1965, the last year before the 82-28 crushing...yes we scored 4 TDs. Played until 1970, then not again until 2019's opener, which was a 56-12 loss.

I was at Bucknell from 1959-1963, or for the 59-62 FB seasons. During those years Temple FB was a joke, and they were a sure victory each season. I stand corrected, that 82 point game Temple posted against us was not a shutout.and in fact in terms of margin of victory, not even as bad a defeat as last Saturdays HC game. All of which supports my point about the soory state of Bucknell Athletics.

If you think Bucknell was never a FB school, go back and look up the individual and team accomplishments of players like Terhes, Ditka, Michell, Havrilak and Ron Giordano, Jack Eachus, Mickey Melberger, Tom Alexander, Joe Haering to name a few.

Most upsetting is the fact that this administration has seemed to have cast aside the idea that if nothing else we want to be competitive with our peer schools.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.136 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:47 AM