Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Colgate
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
11-27-22 02:46 AM - Post#347138    
    In response to SomeGuy

A few thoughts:

- Obviously a great shooting night from Slajchert and Dingle. We don't have any other consistent contributors on offense.
- Slajchert looked great. He is fantastic this year at hitting the runners. His catch and shoot threes look good. The only thing he is missing is the ability to roll off of a screen with the dribble and nail the open three. I don't really understand why he doesn't have this shot, as his fundamentals look great. Shooters like Maloney, Langel, and Betley could hit it, though. I think it has to do with strength and being able to rise straight off of a sidestep move. Slajchert's platform isn't quite as strong and stable as those other guys.
- Dingle looked like himself again. His three point shots look easy for him. He just tosses them easily. Even though his form doesn't look perfect and he takes high degree of difficulty shots, he simply can knock them in. Unlike Slajchert, he is a weapon with taking threes off of a screen. It creates a real problem for defenders. If we had forwards who could finish off of the pick and roll, it would be deadly with Dingle firing away if either defender gives him space.
- MLL - was impactful on defense. We don't give him too many looks on offense. He gets the high post, looks for the backdoor pass, and then gives the ball up. Again and again. He does not do much off of his picks. He doesn't dive hard enough to the basket and he isn't showing that he can be a rim finisher off of the pick and roll. Still, he looks quite a bit improved overall.
- Spinoso - is very active and I love his effort.
- Our offense - I don't really understand our team and its roles. We have a guy like MLL getting the ball up high, even though he doesn't seem to have the Brodeur drives to the hoop. We have Monroe bring the ball up, even though he has a scary dribble. We don't pass that crisply and quickly, even though we don't have the strongest ball handlers (except maybe Slajchert).
- Our defense - while they performed fine overall, I don't really understand our scheme. None of our players looked like lockdown players and our scheme doesn't seem to be stopping other teams. Colgate got to the hoop at will - they just missed a lot.
- I don't know what Donohue sees in practice, but please free Ed Holland. I want to see more of what he's capable of.

Congrats to the team on a quality win!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.508 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:44 AM