American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Unofficial "Signing off" Thread
pjm_hoops 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-14-06
01-12-23 11:35 AM - Post#349426    
    In response to pjm_hoops

I'll start...

I have to say - I'm done with the athletic program as well. I used to make an almost annual pilgrimage to a home game, and usually catch the road games that were in my geographic area, post on this board from time to time, etc. Now that my kids have started college, I'm solely interested in their school's athletics instead of my alma mater. Combine that with the respective coaching staff's lack of responsiveness from both the basketball and football programs regarding my oldest's interest in participating in both programs for his college career, I have moved on.

On a more anecdotal note. I was a manager for the Breakin' Bison during my time at the school. My son is now a football player and basketball manager at a semi-local D3 school. Next Sunday, his school takes on Scranton, who as most of you know is coached by former Bison assistant Carl Danzig, who was in his first year in Lewisburg during my freshman year. My son has explicit instructions to introduce himself to Coach D before the game.

Here's to hoping the Breakin' Bison come full circle. Some day.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:29 PM