Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Fire ND!
Doktore K 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-11-09
02-04-23 01:03 PM - Post#350769    
    In response to Bison89

Hard for me to state this too. But like Bison89 I have cancelled my ESPN+ subscription and have lost interest in watching Bison basketball this season. We’ve sunk from first to worst. This is not Bison Basketball as I’ve experienced it for more than 45 years.

We have our tallest team ever but don’t seem to have a game by strategy to push the ball inside and dominate smaller PL teams. We get outrebounded almost every game. And why not mix in some zone defense or a match up zone when you have guys who can’t quickly switch onto smaller players? Makes little logical sense. At least try a different defense or two. Mix it up.

I’ve lost confidence in this staff. Lack of communication, lack of a team identity (see above) and lack of a plan to leverage a roster’s strengths. How about going at the opponent’s standout players and working to get THEM in foul trouble? Not a new idea but it works.

On a positive note, basketball programs can snap back quickly with a few top recruits or transfers, and with excellent coaching and leadership. Much faster than football or baseball, for example.
When DP brought in Joe Willman, Mike Muscala, and Bryson Johnson more than 12 years ago, our fortunes improved quickly.

Staying positive for better days ahead. Bucknell Basketball has been for decades a crown jewel for Bucknell University. Let’s all work to express ourselves and put a fresh shine on our jewel.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.397 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:31 AM