Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League Awards
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-05-23 03:31 PM - Post#353170    
    In response to LocalTiger

Pierce seems like a lock for ROY, but I suspect that is all he gets. Too many deserving players for 2nd team who won’t be winning anything else (including Allocco and Langborg on his own team).

On DPY, I am curious if Jarvis is the Yale nominee. Seems to me it could Mbeng.

POY is obviously a two man race. I lean Dingle, since he hasn’t won it before, and he has the otherworldly scoring numbers. But Tosan is a senior and his team won the head to head matchups.

I think Knowling gets the last first team slot over Adelekun.

Finally, COY. I’m not sure Jones deserves it. Great comeback to win the league, but on the other hand, the #68 kenpom team probably shouldn’t have to come back to win the conference in the first place. To me, they underachieved. None of the other coaches really stood out, either, in a season with a lot of parity. So my pick is the coach of the one team that overachieved in the conference season — Dartmouth’s David McLaughlin. Yes, he sometimes looks like Will Farrell when he gets outraged by calls. But they came darn close to the last spot with a team that had lost a lot from last year. Second for me is probably Mike Martin.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.156 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:29 AM