Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dingle Transferring Continuation Thread
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
05-02-23 02:38 PM - Post#356105    

[I'm creating a new thread b/c I don't want to continue seeing the "Now What" frustration thread of Jeff2SF at the top of the page. I share frustration, but don't need to see the petulant conversations about who's right or wrong as a part of it.]

NYCHoops, no need to let our speculation draw you out on the personal decisions of JD.

That said, what I hear you saying (and from the frustration in your voice) is that Dingle wanted very much to stay in his heart, but a combination of other factors (confidence in the team and coaches, likelihood to make the NCAAs, preparation for NBA, role on the team, visibility at the next level, competition, or treatment of athletics by the universities) were key reasons. You were explicit that NIL wasn't a real factor, though I think we are all happy for him to benefit from that as much as possible.

You've also been vocal that the coaching staff isn't doing all of the right things on recruiting. While this year's recruiting class looks improved, the overall track record definitely supports your view.

While it seems implicit that you would like to see a coaching change, what would you recommend to the current coaching staff to turn the program into the one we think the University, players, and fans (us) deserve? I'm thinking of specific strategies and areas of overhaul in terms of recruiting, game strategy, program, etc. within the realities of the Ivy League.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.015 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:01 PM