Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dingle Transferring Continuation Thread
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
05-05-23 02:06 PM - Post#356163    
    In response to penn nation

An article on the potential landing spots for Dingle.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Colle ge-bask...

The article does worry me a bit - if these are his most likely destinations. I think his best outcome would include a lot of playing time and also the right team role to showcase his skills. I don't know much about the other teams, but some don't look like ideal fits.

I initially was a bit negative on St. Johns, as JD doesn't remind me of the prototype Pitino player. JD plays at a very measured pace. I think of Pitino teams as playing frenetic offense and defense, and having a lot of ball possession and sharpshooting players. The idea of Pitino is growing on me though. First, St. Johns may have more playing time. Second, Pitino teams do create a lot of spacing and the type of shot or dribble-drive openings that Dingle might be able to use. It also might force Dingle to develop parts of his game which could help his NBA development. Finally, I *think* he was from New York, so he should have friends and family support nearby (nychoops?). Even if St. Johns isn't a great team next year, there will be plenty of eyes and attention for the team.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.17 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:46 PM