Username Post: Nathan Davis to UNH
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
05-07-23 04:22 PM - Post#356191    
    In response to HoleinOne

• HoleinOne Said:
Irrespective of opinions on Davis, I am curious when the last time the Bucknell Administration commented on the 5th year issue. Seems straightforward.

I don't think they ever have, although I hear that they may be trying to be more flexible. A big problem is that Bucknell essentially has no grad programs to use for most 5th years - which makes it a much tougher issue than it is for Lehigh, Boston U, American, and Loyola, who all have large grad programs.

Colgate has been able to bring back 5th year players in men's basketball, despite not having any grad programs for them, because it is an opportunity to win another championship plus the players like playing for Langel. But the players who do come back are doing it solely for basketball, not at all for any academic reason.

Note that after next season, this will become a smaller issue since after that point there will be no more players entitle to an extra year due to covid.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.14 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:39 AM