Username Post: Basketball Rule Changes
BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
Loc: Where the Bison Roam
Reg: 08-16-06
06-12-23 03:28 PM - Post#356756    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

I love the change about being able to call timeout when you're flying out of bounds. I've always felt that, since you're not out of bounds til you land, you should have the same timeout power you do while standing on the court. It's a hustle play that should be rewarded!

I also like the coach being charged a timeout on a requested out-of-bounds/possession review that doesn't go his way...should tamp down on those casual "let's take a look" play-stoppages down the stretch.

Being a traditionalist, I disapprove of the 0-99 jersey number change. (Some fans may have been oblivious to the fact that, hitherto, only numbers with 0-5 digits were allowed, e.g., #45 but not #46.)

I breathe a sigh of relief each summer that the men's committee does NOT allow teams to advance the ball to midcourt by calling timeout. I hate that NBA [and NCAA women's] garbage with all my being.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.124 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:08 AM