Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Gardner-Webb
james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
11-20-23 08:46 PM - Post#359528    
    In response to iogyhufi

finally got to see some of the games from sat and sunday.
the insinuation from the writer isnt particularly fair but i watched the same games as James it appears.

i think the sulking theme is a sticky one so far. as is the matchup zone.
we obviously dont look as good offensively but 3 games/3 days it was far from a disaster.

but the perception is a bit over the skis from reality. our shooting depth has been exposed as has the bench.
i for one feel like james needs to play more guys in small amts and trust he will find it.

wolf was great. mahoney was solid when on the floor. but we need 2 shooters always on the floor and his foul trouble didnt help. and we likely need some guys to step up and hit some damn shots.

the foul line killed us on saturday (and that trickling to the boards) to James' point. sunday it was the match up zone in the 2h.

anyway i was impressed by the athleticism and coaching of the opponents and my guess is the quality of opponents was given short shrift by the writer. but i guess we'll see

we have tons of room for improvement individually and collectively. warts are being exposed but i hope they are growing pains.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:32 PM