Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Looking Forward
james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
01-06-24 12:05 PM - Post#361307    
    In response to james

my last thought (i promise) generically is james said preseason the offense was further than the defense which was unusual for him but there could be a challenge getting everyone the shots they deserve.
i will butcher the quote but something along the lines "we could run at cornells pace+ and with new guys (wolf etc) still not get returners the shots they are accustomed to"
i think besides the defense/reb debate he foresaw the problem even if he minimized wolf's skill at this level off the dribble.
i would have liked to see some adjustments on pace by slow playing press etc to drive possessions up.
i think he sort of did this against gonzaga and they got run out in 2h
this tension of old vs new is an issue still. probably manifests in how he uses the bench also.
but at the end of the day you want to maximize wins not shots for guys but convincing guys to still play defense and reb while dealing w less shots is hard as they often bleed into each other.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.178 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:51 AM