Username Post: Yale I
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
01-27-24 06:21 PM - Post#362272    
    In response to mobrien

I had the save observations.
Harvard definitely played Yale more than even for much of the game. I believe Harvard had even outrebounded Yale for the first half.

Although Wolf will certainly be a force in this league, he was outplayed by Ajogbor who held Wolf to 1-7 shooting while Ajogbor was conservatively credited with 3 blocks. As with Spinoso, Harvard has a strong defense against teams that want to run through the post.

The margin was simply due to 3 point shooting, as Yale hit on 12-23 versus Harvard's 5-21. That more than explins the 13 point margin.

Harvard has its strengths, but they are too uneven to put us in the first tier.

Now all five "second tier" teams are 1-3. It's going to be a long, sometimes ugly, haul.

For what it's worth, Pigge had a strong first half, finishing with 13 points on 6-9 shooting, and Amaker decided to give Wojcik's minutes to Nesbit in the second half.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.123 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:06 PM